Friday, May 14, 2010

Off to the West - Day #1


     Last night we got back from our first extended trip out of London! It was a really fun yet extremely exhausting 3 days.
     We left Tuesday morning at 7:30 am and headed to Jane Austen's house. It was surprisingly cool and I was inspired to read a Jane Austen book while I was there because I never have (nor have I ever seen any of the movies inspired by her books). So I bought a really pretty copy of Pride & Prejudice there and its my goal this summer to read it! Wish me luck.

Oh and Claire found a flying broom. NBD
     
Next we went to a little town called Winchester. We saw a pretty cathedral, King Arthur's round table, and my favorite part of the trip, we discovered "Heavenly Sweets" and bought some sweet treats for the coach. 

Katelin-Jane knighting Staley of course

Mmmm...

After Winchester, we traveled to Bath. It is an absolutely beautiful city! We took a tour of the Roman baths, window shopped, ate dinner at an Asian restaurant called Wagamama's (so good), and still found time to imitate the local crowd.

The Roman Baths

edgy 

prepsters

     I was pleasantly surprised by our hostel. It was nice and clean and the best part was the three of us went to bed at 10 pm! and got a solid nine hours of sleep. We were so so happy to be rested. My favorite part of the hostel was that the whole group congregated in the hall created a massage train and chatted for a couple of hours. It's amazing the great things that happen when you are laptop and phoneless ;) 
     The next morning Claire, Staley, Jess, and I woke up at 7 and went on a run to explore the city. It was amazing! We ran through a beautiful field that overlooked the entire city and then we ran along a river filled with old boats and then through a cute park. Thanks to my mom's advice, we decided to run in every place we stay on this trip. It has turned out to be the greatest advice ever because we were able to see so much more of the city and gain a new perspective of it. 
This is where we ran! 
*Thanks Rachel for the picture :)

Love,
Meg

Day 2 of the trip to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment